A Retirement KITAS is available for foreigners who wish to retire in Indonesia.
Who is eligible and what is required for a retirement visa?
To be eligible for a visa for retirement you must be:
- 55 years or older
- Have no intention to work in Indonesia
- Be in good health and character
How long can I stay with a retirement visa?
If your application is approved, you will be allowed to stay in Indonesia initially for one year and your visa can be extended every year for a total of 5 years. After 5 years, you can apply for a permanent stay permit (KITAP).
Documents you will require:
- Copy of your passport or travel document which is valid for at least one year.
- Proof of having a pension, income or savings. You are required to provide a current bank statement.
- Copy of your health insurance policy.
- Copy of your life insurance policy.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Marriage certificate if your spouse is to be included in your application.
- A personal letter of guarantee, stating that you will live in agreed accommodation in Indonesia
- Proof of receipt or rental agreement (your accommodation must be located in an authorised tourist area and in accordance with the prevailing regulations).
- Employment letter or affidavit. You must employ at least one Indonesian citizen such as a housekeeper, gardener, driver or some other kind person to assist you during your stay in Indonesia. In that regard, you must submit a letter or affidavit stating that you are currently employing or intend to employ an Indonesian assistant.
- 6 photographs with red backgrounds (sized 3 x 4cm)